Neuropathy is more common than what you might think; in fact, 25 to 35 % of Americans are affected by Neuropathy. If you have tingling or numbness sensation, or sharp burning pain, you might be experiencing Neuropathy.
Neuropathy is a dysfunction of one or more nerves, most commonly the tingling sensation starts in your feet and hands, but sometimes other parts of the body can be affected too. People of all ages can experience it, but those with diabetes, people that receive chemotherapy to treat cancer, or who have HIV are more prompt to have Neuropathy.
The good news is that Neuropathy can be treated, and sometimes cured. At Taylor Rehabilitation & Wellness Center, we have different natural treatments for Neuropathy.
5 Effective Natural Treatments for Neuropathy
- Vitamin Supplements: In some cases, neuropathy symptoms may manifest due to vitamin deficiencies. Vitamin B is essential for the nerve system. When you don’t get enough vitamin B from meals, you may need to take a supplement. Vitamin D is another type that can help prevent nerve pain.
- Quit Smoking & Alcohol: Both smoking and alcohol affect blood circulation, and without enough oxygen and proper blood circulation, you can start experiencing numbness.
- Exercise & Massage Therapy: Exercising and massages stimulate proper nerve system function and overall health. Being active, notably, reduced blood sugar, which, as a side effect, slows down nerve damage.
- Essential Oils: They help increase circulation, and they also have natural anti-inflammatory properties. When combined with massage therapy, they are an excellent natural treatment for Neuropathy.
- Acupuncture: By stimulating the body’s pressure points, acupuncture promotes natural healing. For years acupuncture has been used to trigger the nervous system, create an energy balance, and improve emotional well-being.
Visit Taylor Rehabilitation & Wellness Center
Contact us to schedule a complimentary first consultation, Dr. Taylor can determine if you have Neuropathy and what natural treatment would be more beneficial for you. We offer a wide array of services, including chiropractic care, laser therapy, deep massage therapy, acupuncture, and more, right in the center.
Taylor Rehabilitation & Wellness Center is located in Chicago, IL. Unlike conventional medicine, which focuses on attempting to treat the disease once it occurs, we emphasize improving your health by reducing the risk of pain and illness in the first place.
Don’t wait for your symptoms to become more serious!