Top 5 things to know about Spinal Decompression
- Spinal Decompression Chicago, IL was actually originally developed and pioneered by Dr. Allan E. Dyer, PhD MD in 1985. Spinal Decompression Chicago, IL has been used in practice for over 20 years. Dr. Dyer was also the former health minister of Canada and the inventor of the defibrillator. The first device was granted FDA clearance as a medical device in 1996.
- Spinal Decompression Chicago, IL is the only way to NON SURGICALLY effect a disc either in the cervical or lumbar spine. Chiropractic spinal manipulation will impact the facets and alignment of the spine. Physical Therapy will address the muscular imbalances around the spine. Pain medication will address the pain from tissue affecting the spinal nerves.
- The pumping or oscillating action of Spinal Decompression Chicago, IL can significantly reduce the pressure inside the disc by bringing oxygen, blood and nutrients allowing the disc to heal. The discs are made up of 2 areas, the nucleus pulposus (jelly like substance) and annulus fibrosus (rings of cartilage). The rings of cartilage can become damaged due to injury or age and the increased nutrients help them heal.
- Spinal Decompression Chicago, IL has had several positive outcome studies showcasing the long lasting effects of spinal decompression Chicago, IL. The American Journal of Pain Management reported “good to excellent” relief in 86% of patients with herniated discs, with back pain and sciatica symptoms being relieved. Good to excellent results were also obtained in 75% of those with facet syndrome. Other research studies have been performed at Harvard, Johns Hopkins, and the Mayo Clinic.
- The best way to see if you are a good candidate for spinal decompression therapy Chicago, IL is to come visit our office for a consultation! If you have had any imaging studies such as X-rays, CT Scans, MRIs please bring them with you. Dr. Taylor has been trained in interpreting X-rays and MRI. Dr. Taylor will sit down and discuss if you are a candidate for spinal decompression therapy Chicago, IL.