Spinal decompression is a non-invasive, non-surgical treatment that has been gaining popularity in recent years. It is used to treat a variety of conditions. Spinal decompression therapy involves gently stretching the spine to relieve pressure and tension on the discs and nerves.
Decompression therapy successfully helps with a wide range of conditions including:
- Bulging discs
- Herniated discs
- Pinched nerves
- Spinal stenosis
- Post-surgical pain
- Back pain
- Degenerative discs
- Hip Pain
Benefits of Spinal Decompression
- Relieves Back Pain: Back pain is one of the most common reasons people seek medical treatment. Spinal decompression can provide relief for many types of back pain. The stretching action of spinal decompression helps to relieve pressure on the spinal discs, reducing pain and inflammation. It can also improve circulation to the affected area, which can speed up the ealing process.
- Non-Invasive: One of the biggest benefits of spinal decompression is that it is non-invasive. Unlike surgery, there is no cutting or incisions required, which means there is less risk of complications and no need for a lengthy recovery time. Patients can typically resume their normal activities immediately after a session of spinal decompression.
- Improves Range of Motion: Spinal decompression can help to improve the range of motion in the spine. By stretching the spine and relieving pressure on the discs and nerves, patients may experience greater flexibility and mobility. This can be particularly helpful for athletes, people with physically demanding jobs, or anyone who wants to stay active and healthy.
- No Medication Required: Another benefit of spinal decompression is that it does not require medication. Many people who suffer from back pain rely on painkillers or other medications to manage their symptoms. Spinal decompression provides a drug-free alternative that can be just as effective, if not more so.
- Cost-Effective: Compared to surgery or other medical treatments, spinal decompression is often more cost-effective. It is typically covered by insurance, and patients may be able to avoid the high costs associated with surgery, hospital stays, and medication.
- Customizable Treatment: Spinal decompression can be customized to meet the needs of each individual patient. The treatment can be adjusted to target specific areas of the spine, and the intensity of the stretching can be adjusted to provide the most effective results. This means that spinal decompression can be tailored to the needs of each patient, making it a highly personalized treatment option.
- No Side Effects: Unlike surgery or medication, spinal decompression does not come with any significant side effects. Patients may experience some mild soreness or discomfort after a session, but this typically goes away quickly. Overall, spinal decompression is a safe and effective treatment that can provide relief for a variety of back pain conditions.
Spinal decompression is a safe, non-invasive, and cost-effective treatment option for people suffering from back pain. It offers a range of benefits, including pain relief, improved range of motion, and a customizable treatment approach. If you are struggling with back pain, consider talking to your doctor about spinal decompression as a potential treatment option.
To learn more about spinal decompression in Skokie, IL call Taylor Rehab & Disc Injury Center today at to schedule a free consultation.